Weapon Models Edit
Tips and Trivia Edit
- Obsidian is a naturally occurring volcanic glass formed as an extrusive igneous rock.
- Obsidian is Fenrier's favourite class. (Now his ex)
- The translated name of Obsidian's weapon, Hashira, is Japanese; for a pillar, column, post, pier and strut.
- Obsidian is the only tank who is a Mage as a sub-role.
- When pressing [E] while under 10 mana, you can actually damage enemies if the Hashira hits them.
- Obsidian was hugely nerfed in Update 3.5.16, the Obsidian Fissure's Explosion damage does not stack, debuffs slightly reduced, stun damage decreased, etc.
- Obsidian's [C] move used to be called "Armor Breaker" which destroys half of the armor's amount, and any enemy hit by this ability would get decreased defence equal to 40% of the armor sacrificed (so 0.5 defence sacrificed would debuff defence to opponents by 0.2). Changed to Reinforce due to completely opposing the "tank" genre of Obsidian.
- In Update 11.15.16, Obsidian gained fourth Obelisk to put down and Energy Orb was changed to deal less damage, but it was more accurate and faster. There were also several more changes to Obsidian.
- In Update 1.27.17, Obsidian's Fissure deals more damage as well as when hitting an obelisk, Reinforce no longer grants 200% extra defense while rebuilding, - and defense no longer rebuilds passively - and Obsidian's Obelisk Hop is now cancellable by pressing the button again.
- Obelisk placement is the key. When engaging any enemy, your four obelisks should be placed to cover as much distance as possible. The purpose is to cover as much area as possible with your obelisks for debuffs. Spreading each obelisk out no more than ~15 studs as every obelisk provides armor reconstruction and debuffs.
- An all too common misconception concerning Fissure is that people try to use it similarly to Icicle, when it's true potential lies in quickly tearing down obelisks for damage and relocation.
- Obelisk Hop is a good way to move from a place to another quickly, it also helps catch runners as it debuffs their movement. Take note of the obelisks range though, as it can only be placed ~50 studs away.
- Your Energy Ball can be great for running, use it on enemy's to slow them down and prevent them from following you.
- You are one of the most vulnerable when spawned in, so always try to flee when a round starts.
- Obsidian is the only tank that can kite, use this as your advantage by withering your opponent down before entering melee.
- Try to get him to waste all of his mana, as an Obsidian without mana is usually a dead one.
- Classes that can ignore defense (Spectre, Renegade, and Major) can easily help you tear down Obsidian, since they rely on their defense.
- Remember, an Obsidian highly depends on obelisks for attack and defense. Try to stay as far away from the obelisks as possible and attack from a distance.
- As Frigost, you can block attacks. Use this to your advantage and catch Obsidian off-guard with a stagger, then proceed to harass it while it's staggered.
- Take note that Obsidian can deal an excessive amount of stun. This could be overwhelming for some, so defense is good for battling Obsidian.
- Commander is a good class against Obsidian. Guardian Dash while Obsidian is casting Energy Ball to prevent Energy Ball from actually activating, or use it to stop Reinforce's animation. Try to use Decimate as Obsidian casting Energy Ball.